Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sauron's a moron.

I was writing a story today, where one of the characters is named Sorren, and it made me think of how there's an owl called Soren in Guardians of Ga'Hoole. And then I thought about the one time I was talking to my uncle about Lord of the Rings. We were discussing the pronunciations of the names and such, and my uncle brought up the fact that he pronounces Sauron's name as Sorren. I told him that I couldn't say it that way, as Soren is a hero owl in Guardians of Ga'Hoole, and that's how you pronounce his name. So then I told him how I pronounce Sauron. I didn't realize it, but now I do. I say Sauron so that it rhymes with "moron". Since I think certain insult words can be funny if carried into Middle-Earth and such, I mentally made the joke that "Sauron's a moron". Well, not exactly, but it's fairly humorous.

No comments: