Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Classic books + classic rock = classic comedy!

I was looking online for lists of bands that were named after books. (What? I was curious!) I always thought that certain things from Lord of the Rings would make good band names, like, say, Isengard. Come on, who wouldn't be interested in going to see a new concert from ISENGARD?

Anyway - I did find this. I thought, "Yeah, that's real funny. But no song or album puns?" (The only one I could think of, "Horton Hears the Who" was already on there.) So I tried to think of a couple that related to song and album titles as well instead of just bands! Here they are:

The Old Man and the Seven Seas of Rhye
My Fairy King Lear
Tales of Brave Ulysses
Matilda-Mother (this is only funny if you have excessive Pink Floyd knowledge)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Rolling Stones (I think it's funny anyway...)
David Bowie-Copperfield (why is that even funny?)
The Earth, Wind and Fire in the Willows
The Man in the Iron Man Mask (okay, I have officially ceased to be funny...)

Oddly enough, these were already named after classics:
Moby Dick
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

No comments: