Monday, July 14, 2008

Non sequiturs and a round of edible lime!

Non sequiturs are fun. They also taste rather good. Why do I say this? I was with two of my friends (Sasha and Kolya), and we were having a lovely time together while making non sequiturs. I have no idea what we said exactly, as nobody was writing it down, but I do recall that there were references to such diverse subjects as Teddy Roosevelt, toothbrushes, the sky turning purple, free festivals, the rainfall in Kenya, and the roof coming off and golden flowers (I think) raining down. Have you ever brushed a hippopotamus *?

Also - we decided to play a round of Exquisite Corpse. It's a surrealist game where you begin to write a sentence on a piece of paper and then you hide part of it by folding the paper. Then the next person has to write a little more, and such goes on...I kept telling them we'd play "Exquisite Corpse", except my English accent kept getting in the way and they thought I said "Exquisite Copse". I had to correct them. Sasha did not much care for this name, hence we changed it to Edible Lime. You see, Exquisite Corpse got its name because "Exquisite corpse" was the first part of the first sentence made with that game. The sentence we made was: "The edible lime will be ukuleles to destroy Frankenstein's stale Twinkies growl and die." Actually, if you think about it, Edible Lime sounds like the name of an alchoholic beverage or something. "Oi! Get us another round o' Edible Lime, willya?" (Or some such nonsense.)

Also - Kolya, who is a great David Bowie fan, gave me a copy of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. (That has to be the longest album title I have ever seen in my life.) I haven't actually gotten around to listening to it, though...I promise I will! Maybe tomorrow!

*This is completely off-topic if you know what I'm talking about.

No comments: