Monday, July 21, 2008

No one calls me Bonzo.

My mum and I got some bon-bons at the store today, and they made me realise something. I have a slight resentment harbored towards them. You see, my real name is Bonnie (though I insist on having people call me Pippin), and when I was a kid, too many people called me Bon-Bon and other such unpleasant nicknames. In fact, it was only when my favorite teacher called me Bonzai did I ever feel the least bit glad to have this name.

Except then I realised something else. I have yet to figure out why nobody's ever called me Bonzo. I mean, it makes sense...you can get it out of Bonnie. Bonzo, for those who don't know, refers to John Bonham, of Led Zeppelin. Most everybody knows that I like Led Zeppelin. (If you didn't know that by now - why didn't you know that already?) And most people I know know that my real name is Bonnie. I wonder why nobody ever put two and two together...hmm...Okay, from this day on, I demand to be called Bonzo! Everybody must call me Bonzo! That is if you're not busy calling me Pippin! I am Bonzo! Fear me!

No comments: