Monday, July 28, 2008

Going on holiday!

Yes, you know what this means! I'm going on HOLIDAY! Yet again! Gosh, two holidays in one summer? I must be mad I say!

Well, I'm going to Mammoth to go camping. Another family we know is coming with us. This is the first time I've gone on vacation with another family and I'm so excited! I'm going to have tons of fun! When I come back, I'll let you all know what happens!

Also, last night, I FINALLY saw the Prince Caspian movie with my aunt and uncle. They're great fans of Narnia, and we weren't disappointed by the film. The first part is fairly true to the book, but everything that happens after Caspian invades the castle (which didn't happen in the book) is basically a mixture of stuff that wasn't in the book with a few things that did happen floating around. (Admittedly it made me want to go back and read that book again.) There wasn't a single scene with Reepicheep that I didn't say, "Aww, he's so cute!" (That's what being a hamster owner does to you.) The part where he loses his tail, I couldn't help but say, "He's a HAMSTER now!" I also liked Trufflehunter, the badger. I do like badgers. Ever notice how, whenever you see a badger, you feel like you want to hug it and kiss it, except it'll tear you to shreds so maybe you shouldn't? Me too. Also, in the movie, I noticed that there's this one guy who looks like John Bonham! No joke! (Seriously - it's the part where Glossell - or maybe Sospespian, I have trouble telling the two apart - tells Miraz that the Narnians killed some of his men. The guy on the far left. Yes, THAT'S him.)

So anywho - I had a great time last night. Let's hope I'll have a great time this time, too!

No comments: