Thursday, May 15, 2008

If I Was a DJ

The other day, my mum and I were driving in the car for some errands of ours, and we were listening to the radio. If you know me, then you know I love Queen, and so I was very excited when we tuned in during the middle of "We Will Rock You". That's actually the first time we've ever heard a Queen song on the radio. The next songs after that were all very good ones that we knew. Except it didn't last, and then they played some baaad ones.

This got me to say something like, "If I was a DJ, I'd only play good songs!" And then, being the imaginative person I am, I started rambling on about what I'd do exactly. I got it into my head that being a DJ, I could play whatever songs I liked, provided that I either had them or the radio station had them (I'm of the impression that DJ's can bring their own music from home, provided nobody's banned it from radio.) I also got it into my head that I'd play whole albums on occasion. Isn't that a lovely idea? I mean, 30-40 minutes of pure albumy beauty! Then Mum said, "What albums do you like start to finish?" Plenty, actually. Queen II comes to mind, as does A Night at the Opera. Then there's Dark Side of the Moon, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Wish You Were Here, ect. Plus I like Eldorado start to finish. (Actually, it's a little wrong to listen to it otherwise.) That's what I'd do if I was a DJ. Maybe I'll have to become one when I grow up!

No comments: