Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stupid Warning Labels

I somehow stumbled upon this site. I was reading the part with the warning labels. Man, are those FUNNY! Nothing makes me laugh more than to think how stupid people have been. My dad always says that whenever there's a stupid warning label, then it means that someone actually tried it. Here's some of the funniest:

"Caution: The contents of this bottle should not be fed to fish." -- On a bottle of shampoo for dogs. (Uh...*tries to imagine someone feeding it to a fish*)
"Warning: This product can burn eyes." -- On a curling iron. (Well, duh!)
"Caution: This is not a safety protective device." -- On a plastic toy helmet used as a container for popcorn.
"Do not eat toner." -- On a toner cartridge for a laser printer. (Someone had to have been really stupid to get this one out there.)
"Not intended for highway use." - On a 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow.
"Eating rocks may lead to broken teeth." -- On a novelty rock garden set called "Popcorn Rock." (May lead to broken teeth?)
"Caution: Shoots rubber bands." -- On a product called "Rubber Band Shooter." (Well duh!)
"Please keep out of children." -- On a butcher knife.
"Do not look into laser with remaining eye." -- On a laser pointer. (Which raises the question of where the other eye went...hmm...*goes and looks for missing eye*)
"Do not use as ear plugs." -- On a package of silly putty. (I'm laughing as I imagine some mentally challenged person using these as earplugs...)
"Twist top off with hands. Throw top away. Do not put top in mouth." -- On the label of a bottled drink. (Which is funny, as I put the top in my mouth all the time.)

Also, I once saw my own personal silly warning. Once, my dad got me a little "Fruit-by-the-Foot" thing, and I (ever the reader) was reading the label. I pointed out, "Dad, look. It says 'Warning: Do not eat paper backing."

No comments: